Sunday, October 23, 2011

Tool #11 - Self Assessing and Reflecting

I've always viewed technology as a tool. a means to an end, and I consider myself well-versed in technology as I use it extensively both in and out of the classroom.  In addition, I have completed a couple of other online summer courses offered by SBISD,  so I must admit there wasn't really anything in the Eleven Tools program that surprised me.  It was, however, a practical, timely and effective review of alternatives and possibilities available through technology.

My favorite tools are always the graphic image manipulation and video/slideshow sites (see Tools 3 and 5) because they lend themselves to such creativity and endless possibilities. I'm going to use the Trading Card Maker on Big Huge Labs for a Theatre project in which students will research playwrights and create trading cards with facts they learned in their research.

All in all, my classroom is already largely adapted for the 21st Century learner and the additional technology devices we are scheduled to receive.  The broadcast studio will serve nicely for additional stations for the new devices as will the counter running the length of the north wall in the room. I am looking forward to implementing new projects and my pre-existing altered projects that will be made possible with the additional technology.

2 comments:

  1. I like the fun font you have for tools and comments! Congrats on finishing your tools! I bet your students will really enjoy using technology in your class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You did a great job on your tools!

    ReplyDelete