Sunday, June 7, 2009

Thing #5: Explore Flickr

I'm pretty familiar with Flickr because my sister uses it to share pics of her little boy (I've downloaded hundreds of pics of him in his short life), so I already knew about tagging and groups. One thing I wasn't really aware of was the Creative Commons Site. In Broadcasting, we are always looking for new pictures to use for our graphics. We've pretty much exhausted Yahoo and Google images, but now we can also use copyright-friendly images from Flickr like this one of the grizzly bear chillin'. Since we are the Bears, it will come in handy.

2 comments:

  1. Yes Flickr Creative Commons is a wealth of visuals...I pretty much go there now for almost anything I need. Hopefully, you will see some intersitng uses as the summer progresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea about the Creative Commons site for more material to borrow for school projects! It's amazing how much is out there to be used.

    ReplyDelete