Sunday, July 12, 2009

Thing #11: LibraryThing

This was interesting. I had no idea there was a site out there like this, I guess I'm really getting my money's worth with 23 Things! I joined Library Thing and listed five of my favorite books by my favorite author, and amazingly there are four or five groups that applied to my very narrow interest. Two of the groups I might actually follow. Now I need to find a group or a list, etc. that will help me broaden my reading tastes. I'm afraid I'm sort of in a rut - a very comfortable, yummy rut, but a rut nonetheless.

Oh, as seems to be my personal trend with these Things, I don't see a lot of application for this Thing for me personally in the classroom, but I can imagine lots of uses for teachers in other disciplines - especially LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment