Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thing #13: Tagging and Discover Delicious

Whew! This Thing is a little overwhelming. I watched and enjoyed the Common Craft Guys video, and primarily because of their video I have a clear understanding of Delicious, bookmarking, and tagging. I really like their stuff, by the way. The podcast was so dull (the gal speaks in a sleepy monotone) that my mind kept wandering, so I closed that and explored without it.

I then loaded Delicious and imported my Favorites. Um, that might have been a big mistake. I discovered that I have nearly 200 items in Favorites - most of which are neatly organized into folders so I can easily find what I'm looking for. It will take forever to tag all of these sites, but I'll tackle it anyway. Actually I'll probably just tag my most commonly used sites because of the potential of accessing the bookmarks from any computer.

Clearly having the sites tagged will be advantageous for student use. I could share the sites about Broadway for my Broadway Scavenger Hunt so students could complete the activity at home - perhaps for extra credit or to replace an in-class assignment they missed.

1 comment:

  1. True - it takes a lot of time to tag so many items, but the pay-off is that kids do better guided research. Great idea about how to use it with a scavenger hunt.

    ReplyDelete