Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Thing #20: YouTube, TeacherTube and Zamzar

I enjoyed this Thing. It was fun to explore videos that actually pertain to what I teach. I found YouTube easier to use than Teacher Tube. When searching TeacherTube, I kept forgetting to specify "video," so my search took longer. Buffering on TeacherTube also tends to take awhile longer than on YouTube.

Here's what I found on YouTube. I've enjoyed this group for awhile and have shared another of their videos with my students in the past. Once I saw them create a full-size elephant with shadows!



Here's what I found on TeacherTube. A handy, quick tour of a theatre to use when I introduce parts of the theatre and theatre etiquette.




I've actually used Zamzar before to convert a YouTube video to DVD so I could share it with my students on a larger screen. Now if I only had an Active Board (Smart Board?) in my classroom so I could show videos on the really large screen. Alas, I'm but a Lowly Elective Teacher, so I'm at the bottom of the list of Teachers Worthy of Active Boards. I'll put that on my Perfect World Dreams List....

Hey! These are the first videos I've embedded! My how far I've come....

1 comment:

  1. Awesome videos! Maybe your principal will do something we just did at our school. We added one activboard to our multipurpose room so any teacher can sign up to use it there.

    ReplyDelete