Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thing #7 Video Resources

This is one of my "Favorite Things" so far, maybe because it validates what I've been doing for years (while secretly hoping the copyright police don't bust down my door - shhh!). In teaching Theatre, Communications, and Broadcasting, I've used clips of television shows, movies and documentaries, news clips, and snippets of music in my classroom, both to demonstrate topics I'm teaching and to enhance student projects. I haven't posted many of my creations to the web, but I've used lots of clips/snippets in productions both onstage and via closed-circuit television in our building. It's comforting to know that due to the fair use and best practices codes I've been legal (mostly). Some of my favorite places to "borrow" clips are Hulu, Netflix, and PBS.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite find during this "thing" is NeoK12. This was a nice find and good resource to have!

    ReplyDelete