Thursday, October 6, 2011

Tool #3: Finding Online Video and Image Resources

I could spend hours exploring YouTube, and it lends itself to the performance/presentation classes I teach.  Teacher Tube, however, probably has more truly educational applications. Also, as a performance teacher, I'm well acquainted with copyright and fair use. I wanted to embed a project I put together for September 11th this year, but while I was comfortable using it in the classroom, I wasn't comfortable with the idea of putting it on the Internet since I don't legally have rights to all of the photos and music I used. Here are two videos I found on You Tube that would be useful to show my students.

Pilobolus Dance Company - Example of Group Movement/Mime


 Example of a BAD Presentation - This REALLY Happens!

I tried to access Picasa Web Albums several times, but repeatedly got an error message, so I uploaded some of my daughter's photos.  She uses Picasa for photo storage and often edits her photos on Picasa.  Some of her photos are also Common Use.  I was sad, though, that I didn't get to try out the remix filter.




1 comment:

  1. It's so lonely out here in Blogger World when no one comments on the posts you work the hardest on. Sigh.... Oh well, on with the loneliness....

    ReplyDelete