Monday, July 6, 2009

Thing #7: Cool Google Tools

After being away on vacation, then taking a long time working on motivation and wishing for inspiration, I'm back to my blog. Just call me the Queen of Procrastination. It's not that I don't like the thingies on the 23 Things, it's just that I like lounging by the pool and watching movies better. I'm so behind on movies! Netflix I love you....

I really enjoyed exploring all the cool Google Tools. I've used Picasa and Google Earth before. I love the combination of Google Earth and Google Maps. It's fun to look at friends' and relatives' homes across the country. When I looked up my own address today, I still had Christmas decorations up! What a "red-neck woman!"

For something new, I thought about trying Google Alerts, but I'm afraid I'd always be stopping in the middle of lessons to check out the new feed (Procrastination Queen, remember), so I tried iGoogle. It was fun customizing my own Google homepage, and if I didn't already have such a cool website at school for students and parents to use, I'd consider trying out i Google.

Back to the pool....

1 comment:

  1. Great job on investigating Google applications! There are so many and they are fun to use. They really lend themselves well to student research, too. Enjoy the pool!

    ReplyDelete