Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Thing #8: RSS Feeds and Readers

Okay now RSS is cool and so useful. After I "dissed" Google Alerts the other day, I decided I'd been a bit to hasty and tried it. The emails are driving me crazy! Nothing worse than a cluttered inbox. But now, I can get rid of all those pesky alerts because I have Google Reader set up. How cool to have all my favorite news feeds and blogs on one convenient page. I'll definitely use this technology in my personal life, and I think I'll set up a folder of just school-pertinent feeds so I can use it at school too. Wouldn't it be wonderful if teachers/administrators within a school set up sharable reader lists? Imagine all the school related sharing that could happen and without email! Wow!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea...get an administrator to do this and you will win an award.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Cheryl, in a Perfect World... :)

    ReplyDelete